PARENT/CARER INFORMATION EVENINGS
SEA runs parent information sessions for parents and caregivers who want to be active in this area of their child’s education. These evenings are connected to in-classroom programs and are held via Zoom. These sessions cover:
- what will and won’t be covered in our classroom programs (and the language we use to talk about certain topics)
- why it’s important to talk to your child or teenager
- tips on how to talk, what to say and when
- how to kick-start or continue conversations
- tips on how to answer difficult or uncomfortable questions
- what to do when you get caught unprepared by a tricky question
- where to go for further information and support
- resources for parents and their children
For parents and carers in the community, SEA also schedules community sessions at various times through the year that are open to public bookings. Follow our Facebook page or sign up to our monthly newsletter, to stay up-to-date with upcoming seminars. Alternatively, groups of parents can book us to deliver on various topics. Contact us, for more information.
Very impressive, engaging, informative and clear. So glad our school has got you in to teach our children. I can see why this will be a great program.
Yarraville West Primary School
What a positive and reassuring presentation. Now we have discussed the topic in more detail, I feel my son will come to me if he has any questions.
Anderson’s Creek Primary School
Excellent info that has continued to resonate after several years – my Year 7 also did your program at primary school. I feel so confident that my son will feel comfortable.
Templestowe Heights Primary School