At SEA, we understand the complexities of living in an online world. It’s unrealistic to expect that we can protect young people from every piece of inaccurate or harmful content on the internet, or to be able to monitor every text, DM or Snapchat they send. Our cyber safety education programs provide ideas around the safe use of technology, and provide students with practical tips and strategies they can use day-to-day to manage online issues.
We are a Certified Provider of online safety programs. Our courses satisfy the requirements set out in the Voluntary Certification Guidelines and meet the standards of the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner.
OUR CYBER-FOCUSED PROGRAMS ARE RUN IN SCHOOLS, AND COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- being kind and respectful online
- being a good bystander and upstander
- being a good digital citizen
- cyberbullying — what it is and where to go for help
- discussions about keeping personal information private
- discussions about passwords and privacy settings
- laws related to technology
- online stranger danger
- safe social networking — privacy, friends, safe sharing, respect, ethics
- discussions about exposure to sexually explicit material online (pornography)
- time on devices — finding the balance
- where to seek help for online issues
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS/CARERS: