SEA understands the complexities and reality of living in an online world. Our cyber safety education programs provide practical tips and explore ideas related to the safe use of technology. We provide students with strategies to manage online issues when they arise.
SEA is a Certified Provider of online safety programs, satisfying the requirements set out in the Voluntary Certification Guidelines and meeting the standards of the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner.
SEA RUNS CYBER-FOCUSED PROGRAMS IN SCHOOLS TO COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- being kind and respectful online
- being a good bystander and upstander
- being a good digital citizen
- cyberbullying — what it is and where to go for help
- discussions about keeping personal information private
- discussions about passwords and privacy settings
- laws related to technology
- online stranger danger
- safe social networking — privacy, friends, safe sharing, respect, ethics
- discussions about exposure to sexually explicit material online (pornography)
- time on devices — finding the balance
- where to seek help for online issues
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS/CARERS:
Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.